Who we are
Our website address is: https://deckingsupplies.co.uk owned and operated by Shawfield Timber Ltd ("we").
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Delivery address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate delivery before you place an order, and send you the order
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number and credit card/payment details. We’ll use this information to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and Delivery information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We accept payments through Sage. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Sage, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
If you use our decking calculator an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates your calculator inputs. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, until we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 6 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and delivery addresses.
What rights you have over your data
If you have purchased products from this site or have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.